mac os on normal computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, unfortunately, you cannot.

Mac OS (X and other) cannot run on x86 processors. Their core processes just cannot be processed by a x86 processor. They require a PowerPC enabled processor, such as the G3, (IBM 750 series) G4 (Motorola 75xx Series) and G5 (IBM PowerPC 970 series). You can get older "clone" macs from back when Apple licensed its operating system out, but those generally max out at Mac OS9. You can also install just the basic Mach Kernal and Darwin base on any computer, PC or otherwise; they are cross platform UNIX properties, not just elements of OSX. But, unfortunately, you will not get anything even close to OSX, just its underlying basic structure.

So, once again, you cannot install the Mac OS on anything but a mac.

no, PCs dont want the crappy MAC OS on their computers (who in their right mind would?) :)

and just for future referrence LaO_xTc_RaVeR "normal computers" are called pcs

dethangel said:
no, PCs dont want the crappy MAC OS on their computers (who in their right mind would?) :)

and just for future referrence LaO_xTc_RaVeR "normal computers" are called pcs

Mac's are more reliable then PCs.

www.apple.com/g5, can you beat that? 1GHZ FSB, I think 8 GIG ram, etc. It's the best :)

Mac is good.. except like you said in a earlier post.. no good software ;(

mack said:
Mac's are more reliable then PCs.

hahahahahahaha!!! that is sooo funny, man you just made my day! rofl, macs crash ALL THE TIME! i have worked on WIN XP PRO computers 10X as much as Mac OSX, but yet ive crashed OSX twice as much as XP

dethangel said:
hahahahahahaha!!! that is sooo funny, man you just made my day! rofl, macs crash ALL THE TIME! i have worked on WIN XP PRO computers 10X as much as Mac OSX, but yet ive crashed OSX twice as much as XP

I have a Macintosh plus and it used to run 24/7 when I used it. It never crashed. It was 6MHZ Motorola processor.

Crash all the time? Nope. My friends use them, I used a few - they seem to me they are really reliable.

I only use Windows because all my stuff is supported on Windows and I work too much to learn a new OS fully so I stick with Windows.

Well, atleast I made your day! :p

oh God... not this discussion again...

Please dethangel, refer back to this. This thread should show the whole world the scope of your technical knowledge and ability to give advice and commentary.
You havent ever used a mac on a scale worthy of commentary. I personally own two macs and a PC. I could keep my two macs running for weeks without problems, but I couldnt keep the PC from crashing or locking up every time I use it. I know there are very stable PCs and I know there are very unstable PCs, but to call a Mac unstable is a fallacy of reason. There is no evidence what so ever to support your claims of macs being unstable except for what you tell us. ("macs crash ALL THE TIME! i have worked on WIN XP PRO computers 10X as much as Mac OSX, but yet ive crashed OSX twice as much as XP") What kind of credibility do you expect to gain from such a vague, obviously unfounded and biased comment? You credibility has also been trashed by you acting like you are a well certified computer technician, but you failed to even get the A+ certification course materials correct (you had previously been quoted as saying that 1/4 of the entire A+ certification deals with Mac OS and Apple hardware, which it does not----> quote: "that is so cray mr. "ive taken the a+ certification" because 1/4 of the a+ software test is over, wait for it, OS9 and OSX!!!! holy crap mr wizard, bet u didnt know that, did u?")

Carry on folks. But, just to leave this as simple as possible, the Mac OS cannot run on PC's. End of story right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom