M$ Windows 10 and M$ Windows Vista ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have a random question surrounding Vista and M$ Win 10 ..

If I have a Win 10 PC bought off the shelf and I have a custom built Win Vista Machine. If I built a high end Vista machine at the time Vista was released would the Vista Machine be a better speck than the stock off the shelf Win 10 Machine.

I have seen Vista running on Quad Cores with 4GiB RAM in regards to Packard Bell machines but unsure of what the average speck of Win 10 would be. I have never used it so I don't know.

But based on Joe public's level of average intelligence, what is the average speck people go for from the shop.

Vista is 10yrs old, today's hardware is much better. SSD's are cheaper and more common, mobo's can handle much more memory, more lanes on the pcie bus...ect. Even with OEM boxes

Vista is 10yrs old, today's hardware is much better. SSD's are cheaper and more common, mobo's can handle much more memory, more lanes on the pcie bus...ect. Even with OEM boxes

I never realized this. I personally wasn't thinking about SSDs and such. When I have seen items advertised hear in the UK its all standard stuff like named brands as such.

Thanks for that. :D

"Vista Ready" and "Vista Capable" machines were bare-minimum specs for Vista at the time. And even then, Vista was kind of a performance hog until after SP1. XP had lower hardware requirements than Vista did, and companies were putting XP-spec hardware into Vista machines and pushing them out the door, which caused the whole uproar about Vista running terrible. Then there was also the big push for x64 OS (XP x64 usage was an extreme minority), so there were tons of driver issues as manufacturers hadn't been making x64 drivers.

I personally never had any issues because my machine at the time was at or above spec for Vista - only issue I had was with my sound card at the time, because t hat's when MS abstracted their audio interface.

Back
Top Bottom