lsass.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
i know that lsass.exe is supposed to be in sys32 but is it also supposed to be in the parent directory of sys32 (for me Z:\XP)? because i have an entry there but the icon is one of those lighter coloured ones (like the colour has faded).

no im not randomly restarting. but i solved the problem its ok thanks.

i found some other *.exe in my Z:\XP temp folder and got rid of them also (im thinking spyware/virus that zonealarm, adaware and spybot didnt pick up).

anyway its all good, i deleted it to my recycle bin, restarted, saw it didnt complain and got rid of it out my recycle bin so is all good now.

and i have a feeling all this was because it is the first time i have used IE in a long time. i was trying to get some stuff from the microsoft website and it wanted me to use IE. so i did and then forgot to use my other browser and thats how i think i got infected.

iam getting the saem thing on my new system...but its the first time i install windows on this machine ..and i get this lsass.exe error (an invalid parameter has passed to a service or function)and the only option is ok or closeing it..both ways the system reboots ....and its the same thing over again...any ideas how can fix this

i cant even finsh the setup for windows..you know when you nstall for the first time..after its done it reboots to finish steup....i can evn go to safemode ..just reboots..over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom