LSA shell errors // Sasser Worm // Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have said before, I replaced the hard drive due to a harddrive failure. This was the one and only harddrive in the computer.

I installed the new harddrive and reinstalled windows.

The computer was disconnected from the internet for the first two hours while installing the McAfee Firewall, McAfee antivirus and spybot, no signs of the sasser worm were evident.

After the firewall was installed and properly configured, the computer was plugged back to the internet. No emails were openned, the access that was attempted was the Microsoft Updates. In the middle of the download for service pack one, the sasser worm came up again (the firewall was unable to block it).

I reinstalled windows again, but with a different type of firewall and antivirus. Once with Norton, again with OutPost. There was the same result.

Any suggestions before I pay the fee for Microsoft to send me the service packs on disc? And will the service packs even solve the problem?
:( :(

no, since the virus is already there, a service pack is only preventative. anyways, you can get service packs for free anyways, i don't know how you could get em over to his comp though. sorry.

In response to ohGrFreak,

I have already reinstalled windows numerous times, I am willing to do it once more. With the service packs, I will be able to reinstall windows and immediatly install the service packs without an internet connection before I get hit by the sasser worm.

KornNut,

Download the patch file[ sasser patch from MS site ] from another system , then copy the patches and apply them in your system. Before applying patches, clean your system using an AV .[ or you can download sasser removal tool [ from another system] and run it in yours. ]

What's your internet connection? Cable/ADSL?

Download the 2 files, unplug your network cable/modem/LAN..everything.

Run the 2 files (symantec fix + MS kbxxxxx Patch)
Reboot

re-connect to your internet.

(you probably already tried all this, but just to make sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom