Lowlevel driver for AWEamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Hayes

Beta member
interesting.jpg

deepest apologies for my being first post here, but i have received an error which i have no inkling on what is it...

This is what happened:
Apparently, my music player (1by1) began to play erratically while listening to some MP3 files. So i closed it, and switched to winamp (v2.95). The next thing that happened is that this pop-up message appeared before me. (see attached image above). As far as safety is of my concern, i choose no, which has brought no harm to my computer.

Interestingly enough, the performance of my computer has been boosted by at least 40%. Pages load faster when connected to the internet. Programs loads faster that i expected. Task Manager shows no signs of abberation, so i think it's normal. A quick system check also shows nothing, as well as an active virus scan shows no sign of trojans or viruses.

I haven't encountered this type of pop-up before, and it hasn't done any real problems to my system. Because of that, i am curious to know as to what is this? (the warning didn't really help much). As far as i can tell, this lowlevel driver has been disabled (without my knowing) and has boosted my computer.

Any help regarding this issue is greatly appreciated. I hope the expertise of some of the members here in this forum would shed some light. It is not really an error, since i can just ignore the message, but given the effects of what it did to my computer, i find it more interesting to know as to what this lowlevel driver is, and how can i disable it in the device manager.

thank you for taking your time to read on my post.

AWEamp is a WinAMP output plugin allowing to play Winamp's output through AWE32/AWE64 wavetable MIDI interface. I take it your using Win 98, NT4, Win 2k or ME with a really old Sound Blaster sound card? From what I gather AWEamp is kind of an outdated plugin, about 5 years old and you may not even need it. Try going into Winamp and getting rid of the AWEamp plugin. If you find you do need it, you can always download and install it again from here.

AWEamp download

If that does not help you may consider updating Winamp. Until recently I too was using Winamp 2.95 as I didn't like the newer versions. Having said that try the latest version of Winamp 5.091, it's much better IMO and updated.

Also, you may want to check if your sound card needs updated drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom