low memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant

Baseband Member
this is my 1st post so i hope i can explain this right.i have vista32 home premium with 4gigs of memory.this happens a few times a week when im on here.all of the sudden my browser freezes up.in other words i cant click on anything.i have to shut it down just to get it to work again.i notice when i was shutting it down there was a runtime error saying low memory.now i have memory meter and it says i have 2100mb free but something telling the computer that i dont have any memory.idk if that makes any sense or not but i hope you can help me with this.ps i have a belkin router and my son uses my laptop the same time im on here.but not sure if that would be an issue or not,thank you.

Check for spyware or other applications that are putting a heavy load on your memory (check your task manager).

Not sure how long this has happen, but you could go back to an earlier restore point.

yea i heard that 4gigs is the max for vista 32.i have done a few system restores and one new install.i have used alot of scans for spyware and virus.it did pick up alot of baddies on here.alot of it were browser type spywares.now when i went to shut down normaly it took a long time to shut down.i was having alot of problems with the browsers that i used.firefox is the one i normaly used.it were say not responding alot so i went and try opera for a while and it did the same thing.so right now its working ok but it will probably act up again.if it does i will take a screen shot of it if it says low memory again.thank you for your help.

i was looking at the task manager and my free memory is really low.heres a pic of it

WorB6D0.png

why is it so low thats just amazing.

its even lower than that now.about 33mb wow.

Thats actually not bad, mine goes as low as 3mb left when I have FF opened and its still quite smooth!

opera just frozed up.it said not responding when i tryed to go on that site.i had to shut down then restart go figure.

Get GParted.

SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

Then use that to format the drive. Reinstall Vista. I bet the problem is that you have a bad sector on the drive. The thing is with Vista you can only do Quick Formats. Which only compounds the issues on each reinstall.

This will allow for a full fresh install.

hey Mak213 what is that for to reformat my hard drive

ps i did a chkdsk and its showing nothing wrong there but i still have those problems with my browser freezing.

Yes GParted is to format the hard drive and basically start over. Is it jsut the browser freezing? Have you tried a different browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom