Low Disk Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latty05

Baseband Member
hi recently i installed xp professionaland my drive is split into 2 the C:/ has the backup of windows on it and the D:/ has loads of space on it problem, is i cant install some programs becuz by default they install to the C drive what do i do?

The problem is that you never should do that. You have to let the bigger partition for operating system and all other programs. It is the best way. Think: is your data bigger than all the programs you have? Of course not. Normally our data is databases, pictures, excel and word files, etc. All together never exceed the amount of space needed for programs and operating system.

That's what I think, obviously.

Use a program called partition majic to merge the partitions and make a smaller one for your backup

im proper screwed i hav like 20kn left on C: drive i cant uninstall anything becuz it says it needs space! i cant manually delete anything cxos it says its being used by another person or program!! ARGHHH

im looking at folders in C:/ and is TEMP nessisary cos it has like 400 mb space i cant install partition magic cos every ****in stupid program actomatically wants to install to C:/ for some reason

You can select the partition and folder by clicking the "Browse..." or "Choose..." button during install of a program.

Edit: You can empty the folder c:/documents and settings/<username>/local settings/temprorary files

well it just dosnt i got partition magic 8 and u dont get a choice it needs 29mb to install

thats weird at first it says u need29mb to install then it asks u where it wants it on either drive but it dosnt matter now i deleted some stuff ive installed it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom