Low disk space???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicked23

I know things...
I have a pc that thinks the C:\Windows folder is 39.5 gb and giving me the low disk space message. I didn't think that was right so I copied the folder to antoher pc and it says 3.95 gb.

IBM thinkcentre
Win xp pro sp3
1 gb ram
P4 3.0ghz

Running osirus spyware guide and hjt log is posted.

Run CCleaner. Bet you have a bunch of temp files that you need to get rid of.

Unhide your files and go into the Windows folder. Do you have a bunch of folders in there that are hidden with names taht begin with $Uinstall or something similar?

Yeah the update uninstallers. I deleted all those too. Normally I would agree with you.. But why when I copy the file to a different pc it shows less disk space? 35.9gb and 3.59 are very extreme difference.

You keep talking about copying the file. Which file? Windows is not just a file. It is a group of folders and there are folders hidden within folders hidden within folders.

So i have not clue when you say file cause there are thousands of files. More like hundreds of thousands. So which file are you talking about??

You keep talking about copying the file. Which file? Windows is not just a file. It is a group of folders and there are folders hidden within folders hidden within folders.

So i have not clue when you say file cause there are thousands of files. More like hundreds of thousands. So which file are you talking about??

My first post say's C:\Windows folder. That is what i mean. The whole folder says it is 35.9 gb. Giving me a low disk space message. BUt if I copy the whole FOLDER to another pc it say's it is only 3.59 gb. My last post said file. Sorry. third post says folder too. Please don't attack me for a typo.

Okay now where does it say that it is 35.9GB? Does it show it in the detailed view or when you hover over it? Or does it show that when you right click and select properties?

Have yhou gone into the temp folder and removed everything? I looked at your log and i didnt see anything wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom