Lotus notes won't close - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

Default Lotus notes won't close

Hit the close button and it starts to close, but doesn't. Eventually you get the "...not responding" pop-up. It can be killed via task manager, but if you do this you have to restart the computer. Lotus 7 by the way and XP Pro. I hate lotus. Thankfully this problem is only happening on one PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it already. Maybe I will uninstall, delete, edit registry, reboot, re-install and see if that helps. Using Lotus notes just for email purposes is absurd. It is much too big for that. And maybe 5% of our users actually use it for more than just email.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly known as BuggyVeyron

Send a message via MSN to Ewc1307
Default Re: Lotus notes won't close

Used to use Notes at my old work place...

Simply grab a copy of killnotes and run it when Notes screws up. It does what it says and you dont have to restart your PC

KillNotes - Restart Lotus Notes without restarting your PC

Old 03-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

I found that, but that seems like a round about way of doing it. Guess I could just put a shortcut on her desktop to use instead of exiting notes. I hate notes.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly known as BuggyVeyron

Send a message via MSN to Ewc1307

Yep that's exactly what i did, killnotes on the desktop and bam! - take that notes!

I didn't like it at the start but got used to it. We had the whole database thing going on as well.

Does what it needs to but i was to used to Outlook but nice to have some Notes experience!