lost signal from monitor and USB ports on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostintranslation

Beta member
This morning suddenly I lost signal from monitor and USB ports on my PC. i tried to resolve but not successfull - no signal to mouse and no screen, showing no signal message only. tried another screen but nothing.
Unable to resolve I decided to move harddrive to another system unit to retrieve data. When moved to new system unit unable to load Windows due error invalid boot.ini. (in old pc windows loaded in spite of invalid boot.ini message) then I decided to add the hdd as a second hdd to an existing config on my old pc. altough successfull to add it as second hdd, most files I was trying to recover were missing.
I feel like I am the dead end.Summary: original pc cant get signal from monitor and USB's, if i change hdd to second pc - unable to load windows due invalid boot.ini and when trying to add the hdd as second hdd on old pc - some files show up but most missing. Please heeeeeelp.!!!!! pls forward this to all tech forums and let the guys contact me on marionmasar [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk if any questions!!!

You can not load a windows Os on a different machine. If you got past the boot.ini error you would come across a different error that Windows could not load cause of the hardware changes. Windows stores a hardware profile of the system it is installed on. Not to mention the fact that it wouldnt have the driver support for the new PC.

So you will have to use it as a slave drive, take control of the files (ownership) and then copy them over.

How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom