lost my windows CD. best place to find one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
I spent so long building my new Rig that I completely lost the windows xp CD.

Where would the best place to find another install disk ?

also, would the key code from my old rig work ? or would I need the new copy key code ? (in the depths of my basement...somewhere)

Torrent a disc, or find somebody that has a full XP disc (not like an HP restore disc), and see if they'll let you copy 'em.

And technically I don't think you're supposed to use a single keycode more than 1 machine, unless the other machine is NOT being used anymore, as in, you formatted it's drive and there's no OS on it anymore. I'd first look for the original key.

ok cool thanks. yeah the old rig is going to be thrown away anyway... its ANCIENT. So I should be able to use the keycode from it with no problems ?

now I just need to find a full install disk....

You never metioned that there was no OS installed at all. You will need to buy a Retail version of XP if you want it. You can not use the one on your other PC cause there can only be 1 active OS with a serial at any time. It would violate the EULA and TOS of Windows.

You never metioned that there was no OS installed at all. You will need to buy a Retail version of XP if you want it. You can not use the one on your other PC cause there can only be 1 active OS with a serial at any time. It would violate the EULA and TOS of Windows.

I have competely removed the old copy...the old computer is a broken rusty dinosaur. I am just looking for a new CD to install the fresh copy on my new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom