lost emails in ex2k3??? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via ICQ to selina Send a message via Yahoo to selina
Question lost emails in ex2k3???

there is a user who just stopped receiving email.
we use ex2k3 and users are on outlook 2k3. we set it so his local (in c:\) PST file is the default email delivery location. he's on XP SP2.
he stopped getting emails on his outlook since yesterday. i went to system manager in ex2k3 and found that he has a few messages in his mailbox store (under first information store). but when i check his meailbox from his outlook, i did't see any message that were delivered yesterday. i found some messages were delivered to his mailbox store by using message tracking center.

when can i check to see which messages are in his mailbox store in ex2k3? is there something similar to the M:\ in ex2k?

Old 11-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Have you tried renaming his pst file to old and then opening outlook. It should create a new pst and pull down his emails from exchange.

Sometimes the pst files get corrupt and they won't receive any more emails. Especially when using Outlook2k3 and cash exchange mode. Also check to see how big his pst file is. Microsoft says once it is greater than 1.4gb then there is a good chance it can become corrupt.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via ICQ to selina Send a message via Yahoo to selina

thanks. this was the exact answer i was looking for! great!

ya, his pst file is 3.8GB (!!) i copied his pst file from his laptop to another one that i have access to. i made his mailbox in Ex2k3 as default mail delivery location for the time being.
he has created too many subfolders as well as folders at the same level as Inbox. i put all items in one folder, Inbox, on the copied pst file. now, i'll have to copy it back to his laptop.

too many users pst files are larger than 1.4gb here. this is delaying the deployment of pst file size limit set in GPO...
Closed Thread