lost contents of recycle bin - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2003, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry lost contents of recycle bin

I recently moved a substantial number of large files to my recycle bin and it removed them all imediatly, not keeping them there to eaisly restore. and of course, i want to restore them. i have saved nothing and done very little in hopes that those bits will not be written over, is there any way to recover things that have been removed from the recycle bin, but not written over, are there any utilites out there, i screwed up big and need alot of help plese. thanks

Old 03-06-2003, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to freechus9

The recycle bin has a limit to the file size for individual files it can hold. If a file you place there is over that limit, it gives you a choice to delete it permanently or not at all...and if it seems you deleted it permanently..well then...you won't be able to get them back. Sorry! Were they important?

i hate computers
Old 03-06-2003, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i know that with my mac, the bits are not written over when things are deleted, simply the link to them are gone, and when new information is saved then the old things are written over and gone. so things can be recovered until they are written over, i was just hoping that in windows i would be able to recover these files, they were movie clips i had assembled into a project, important but not priceless.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

You can even use Recover4all....nice utility but is a shareware

and remember it will only recover if the contents are not overwritten.
Closed Thread