Lost animations online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I'm posting this here, as I think something has messed up or deleted a file or something.

I cleaned out my hard drive the other day (got rid of old apps and games). Now, I have no online animations, such as my avatar, smilies, whatever.

I thought that it was Firefox, as I had updated it about the same time. So I went through the whole bit...uninstall, reinstall, update Java, Flash, Shockwave, Quicktime, delete all profiles along with uninstall and start from scratch. It was about that time that I discovered that my IE is doing the same thing. I have combed my firewall settings, but I found nothing amiss. I have enabled everything for this site and another I post on, but still nada.

I've exhausted my bag of tricks. Anyone got an idea here? Any help would be appreciated!

open internet explorer
tools>internet options>advanced>multimedia> ensure there is a checkmark in play animations

Yeah, it is already checked. but this is affecting both IE and Firefox.

Also, I don't know if it is related or not, but I do not have a "Profile" button on anyone's posts on this site, whereas I used to have them. Strange...

You have no profile button? that is odd .. do the other ones show up fine or not? does that symptom affect both browsers?

yeah, both browsers. I've got both of them open to this thread, and neither has a "Profile" button anywhere.

Beats the snot out of me, too. That's why I posted it, 'cause I really don't know what to do now.

Problem solved.

It was a setting on my firewall. It was set to block all ads. ut it was also blocking the stuff I wanted. For now, I have the ad blocking turned off until their support lets me know if I can block the ads without blocking the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom