Lost Admin Pass Word How do I Reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
Hey :(

Im stupid and I forgot the admin password for my moms old pc that I just "tried" to reformat.

I looked Here but I'm really confused

please just tell me how to reset my password straight up in steps

I bet its probly really easy but I'm really bad at comprehendingh large sets of things.

Thanks, Noga

P.S. I only have a Floppy to work with, no CD :(

If you are going to reformat the drive you dont need the admin password...or is it like a BIOS password? Is the password before the windows OS loads?

Win2kpatcher said:
If you are going to reformat the drive you dont need the admin password...or is it like a BIOS password? Is the password before the windows OS loads?

no..... wait one sec...

edit:

Whats happening now is that when I try to boot off the disk it just stops at the end of the bios load..... what? over heat maby?

" U got questions, \/\/3 got answers....."

somethin wrong whit your drive (or your RAM, maybe?). :mad:

Here be an old thread about re-formatting in dos. :p
http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22237&highlight=Formatting+in+DOS+mode

You get a DOS boot disk by going to the floppy drive in My Computer, right clicking and then going to "format".

When u in the "Format" window, click the checkbox that says: "Create MS-DOS startup disk" and go ahead and re-format. After u did that, go get yourself a Format.com program like it says in the link HERE (Something i their says FORMAT.COM. click on that to download)

I hope you have your {legal} system install disk with you.... cuz now you have to do this next:

Go to Microsoft.com (or link below\/) and get a boot disk set depenting on what OS you have,

GET THEM HERE:
http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files010.shtml

Now. Just make those floppy disk, and after you FORMAT the hard drive, restart and put in the first set up disk. It's going to ask for one after the other, so you gotta label those disks. ONLY THEN your comp will use the OS CD to set up windows. ;)

Good luck.... Hit us up if you get problems.:cool:

sweet thanks guyws buit i JUST figuered it out

thanks any way swee ya

EDIT:

Sweet, thanks guys, but I just figured it out. I was booting wroung.

Thanks any way see ya.

sorry aobut all the bad spell etc. i was just playing CS between wating for replies

Also, Why would I need to call Microsoft if I reformatted the HD blank? couldnt I just reformat it then?

also its a legal one :p

Also, Why would I need to call Microsoft if I reformatted the HD blank? couldnt I just reformat it then?

also its a legal one :p

"Zomgulated...."

You dont have to call microsoft, I just thougt i saw somewhere one time where you could get boot disks from microsoft.com ;)

You need to get the setup floppies after you make the boot disk. thats what i meant. :cool:

Re: "Zomgulated...."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
You dont have to call microsoft, I just thougt i saw somewhere one time where you could get boot disks from microsoft.com ;)

You need to get the setup floppies after you make the boot disk. thats what i meant. :cool:

thanks man

~peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom