Looping Bios Screen Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2005, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Looping Bios Screen Problem

I have a problem with my computer. I just upgraded some components of it. I added a new motherboard (Intel), graphics card (PCI Express x16 ATI Radion X800), a 350W Antec power supply, and a LG Electronics DVD Burner. I kept the old ATA hard drive, floppy drive, rear fan, and case.

The problem is that when I turn on the computer, it goes to the BIOS screen where I can choose to start the computer normally, use last configurations, start in safe mode, etc. But whatever I choose, the computer goes to a blue error screen that flashes for a split second. I don't even get a chance to read it. And then the computer starts over again, the BIOS screen pops upÂ…. It's like a never ending cycle.

What can I do to solve this?

Old 06-20-2005, 03:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Did you reinstall the OS? If you didnt, this is more than likely the reason. You have old drivers from the previous mobo still on your OS that are conflicting with the new mobo when its trying to boot. You need to blow it off and start fresh.

Old 06-20-2005, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well, actually this is my friend's problem... and i told him the same thing... but he didnt trust me so he wanted opinions.. so thx, glad i was right.
Closed Thread