Looking for some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie06

Beta member
I'm Looking for a little help. I am no wizard when it comes to computers so please bare with me. I am trying to transfer files from my desktop to my laptop. I went in town today and talked to some guys at a computer shop. They told me I should be able to do it through my network card. They sold me a network cable (cross wire) to go from one to the other. They tried to explain how to do it but they talked to high tech for me, I told them I didn't understand and then they looked at me like I was crazy. I'm trying to transfer my windows from one computer to the other. My laptop has no windows in it. The laptop has no CD-Rom, it only has a floppy drive so I have no way to put the windows back in it. I do have an external drive CD-Rom, but it plugs into a USB port and the computer won't recognize it. So I was hoping someone on here can walk me through the setup on how to tranfer files through my network cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

eek!

This could be bad. You need windows on your laptop inorder to get this to work.

But, essentially, you buy a special ethernet cable called a crossover cable. You attach one end to one computer and the other end to the other. Then you just create a network using the networks control panel.

Then your computer will show up as a server which you can dump files onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom