Longhorn Screen shots - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 03:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Ha, mircrosoft owns my soul! Jk. Looks neat, I don't want it to be too different. Been working with win 95, 98, 2000, xp all my life.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to dumdum8684

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
The icon sets are not final they are workign on the CODE
Tyler is right. The theme that is on the screenshots is just a working theme for developers. It is not even close to the final theme and look of longhorn. They created the theme so that people could have a working interface to write drivers and software with. You need to read the post before you ask or say the same thing over and over.

Quote:
Originally posted by SHAWN
Looks like the same o/s just with a different skin.
Quote:
Originally posted by IAM_7154
looks like xp meets linux with some of those icons.
Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
where can I get real longhorn themes? I like the look, but I don't like longhorn right now
Take some time and read before you post.

-Aaron

PS Tyler, I love your avatar.

My Computer:
-UV Reactive Acrylic Mid-Size Case
-Thermaltake 420W
-AMD Athlon XP \"Barton\" 3200+ 400MHz
-Cooler Master Aero7+
-Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
-nVidia GeForce FX 5700 128MB
-2x Kingston HyperX 512MB PC3200
-2x 200GB WD 7200 8MB SATA
-2x 12\" UV Cold Cathodes
-5x 80MM 4UV LED Blue UV-Reactive Fans

My Laptop:
P3 750MHz, 512MB, CD-RW/DVD Combo, 15.1\" TFT, 20GB HD, 32MB integrated video
Old 06-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by dumdum8684
Tyler is right. The theme that is on the screenshots is just a working theme for developers. It is not even close to the final theme and look of longhorn. They created the theme so that people could have a working interface to write drivers and software with. You need to read the post before you ask or say the same thing over and over.

Take some time and read before you post.

-Aaron

PS Tyler, I love your avatar.
get off tyler's nuts. since I seem to miss something, why don't you explain it to me
Old 06-22-2005, 12:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

It's already known to all that 5048 is for developers they striped the anolog clock and many other eye candies in this version so it will run faster on older computers for the developers anyways if you want to get a better idea of what longhorn will look like but a less stable OS try the 4074 revision I have both longhorns but I usee 4074 becuase of the extra eye candy. Longhorn 4074 was never mend to be "pretty" to the end user it is for developing software for longhorn using .net framework 2.0 and other key features in the new OS. Eric leave arguments to the thread I don't want to carry this to other threads.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 06-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler1989
It's already known to all that 5048 is for developers they striped the anolog clock and many other eye candies in this version so it will run faster on older computers for the developers anyways if you want to get a better idea of what longhorn will look like but a less stable OS try the 4074 revision I have both longhorns but I usee 4074 becuase of the extra eye candy. Longhorn 4074 was never mend to be "pretty" to the end user it is for developing software for longhorn using .net framework 2.0 and other key features in the new OS. Eric leave arguments to the thread I don't want to carry this to other threads.
this was directed to dumdum8684, not you. I asked a simple question about downloading longhorn's themes. he insinuated their was a spot to download them here (he put my name in read the posts). I read the post. I waiting for his answer
Old 06-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

No there is not a spot yet there will be a place in the future called microsoft.com Microsoft said it would ship avolon and indidgo and .net framework 2.0 to XP and Server 2003. The visual theme called Agross or whatever you call it will also be availible in a service pack in the future I heard when Longhorn is released.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 06-22-2005, 02:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Try using periods much Tyler?

And for all we know those screenshots could just be a skin with "Longhorn" slapped on.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to dumdum8684

All i was saying is that even tho you liked the theme right now it is not how it is going to look on the final release. I'm sorry if i offended your ego.

My Computer:
-UV Reactive Acrylic Mid-Size Case
-Thermaltake 420W
-AMD Athlon XP \"Barton\" 3200+ 400MHz
-Cooler Master Aero7+
-Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
-nVidia GeForce FX 5700 128MB
-2x Kingston HyperX 512MB PC3200
-2x 200GB WD 7200 8MB SATA
-2x 12\" UV Cold Cathodes
-5x 80MM 4UV LED Blue UV-Reactive Fans

My Laptop:
P3 750MHz, 512MB, CD-RW/DVD Combo, 15.1\" TFT, 20GB HD, 32MB integrated video
Old 06-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Him
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Him Send a message via Yahoo to Him

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMEEEE!!!!!! STOP THE FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME FLAME!!!!

Longhorn is suppose to have stolen something straight out of the Linux book, what with having several different desktops open at the same time doing things. It's gonna suck though, seeing Windows is multi-threaded.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Then leave and go to the linux thread. I've used UNIX and Linux I don't like them as much as windows.

Kray that is a ligit cut down version of longhorn they removed many of the features to make it faster for the developers to develope stuff with. I know this because I have Longhorn 5048. And no Kray I don't like periods.

Closed Thread