Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
what the hell is it ?

im guessing its some kind of operating system thats why i posted it here but if its not please move to the relevant place. Please enlighten me :)

it is the next operating system from windows, to be release next year. they have some beta systems out now

EricB said:
it is the next operating system from windows, to be release next year.

ms is notorious for pushing back release dates

longhorn was supposed to have a new file system. WinFS, i think. But I read that they're not going to use it with the workstation os but may implement it into the server.

something about avalon too. new graphics processor?
isnt this os supposed to have some serious DRM protection?

maybe im just talking out my ass

Well, aside from the MS website have tons of doco and white-papers on Longhorn, one of the reasons it got pushed back was that they wanted to re-think the OS to make it more secure.

No one seemed to notice that expensive release-delay choice, though...Everyone was too busy bashing about MS not making any efforts on security.

Hmm. :confused:

csamuels said:
ms is notorious for pushing back release dates

longhorn was supposed to have a new file system. WinFS, i think. But I read that they're not going to use it with the workstation os but may implement it into the server.

something about avalon too. new graphics processor?
isnt this os supposed to have some serious DRM protection?

maybe im just talking out my ass

that winfs is leaking way too much memory, and they haven't configured it properly yet. so they are not implementing it now (it would push the release futher back), but they are suppose to bring it in later

No one mentioned that it would support the first 64 bit processing (giving the leading edge to the AMD users ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom