logon issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ph3nyX

Solid State Member
alright, when i start up my computer, the welcome screen comes up, but then an error-message like window pops up with no text, just a red X icon and an ok button. i've got my computer set to automatically log on, for convenience reasons, but after the error message pops up, it says saving your settings like its logging off... i can boot in safe mode with no problems, but NOT in safe mode with networking support, i get the same error if i try that. any suggestions?

I would boot it in safe mode then go into the control panel and get into the users menu. Take off the automatic logon on the account in question and apply a password to see if that stops the problem. If not delete the account in question and logon as an administrator and if that works just create the account again. Please note if you do delete the account this will usually delete all its corresponding files i.e. Favorites, My Documents, etc etc...I do think there is an option to save said files though.

i've tried password protecting the account (turning off auto login), creating and logging on with a new account, defrag/scandisk/spyware search, all in safe mode... no luck, still the same error. i've tried the last known good configuration option in the boot menu as well... guess i'll have to try to restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom