logitech webcam not detected

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i have logitech notebook pro webcam that i had for abut 8 years. worked great until it stopped detecting it.

i tried reinstalling the drivers and logitech software
and tried using a different usb port

didnt work

today just went and bought a new logitech C920 webcam and installed fres drivers and webcam software and it gives me same message.
windows detects the camera when plugged in and installs the usb driver

the sound also works when i set it up in I-SPY

but theres no video and logitech software quick capture doesnt even detect the camera after everything is installed and should be working.

i tried few fixes that didnt work
uninstalled and reinstalled everything 3 times

windows installs drivers and nothing happens

even in silverlight all i get is sound and webcam is not detected in video part

logitech software says webcam not detected
isy detects the camera but video settings are greyed out only microphone works
i plugged in both the old and new webcams and both of them only show microphone active and video not detected

both show up in device manager
theres no events in event viewer that i saw relating to webcam errors

is it possible to be related to nvidia driver or something. and how would i troubleshoot this. i have no clue where to even look for issues

any suggestions?
ive been checking on logitech but no luck doing what they suggest
its just not working

Short of having the wrong drivers, it sounds like you just have a bad camera that needs to be replaced. I would try testing it on a different machine and if you have the same issue, it's most likely the camera. What OS are you using?

windows 10

I just bought a brand new camera

and I plug both my old and brand new Logitech camera and both are only detecting microphone and not video

the drivers are from Logitech webpage from the camera model page downloads
a lot of people seem to have issues with no video but theirs show up only in Silverlight and cleaning/reinstalling drivers seems to solve the problem. in my case it does same thing. no video just sound

ok so this is a good example.
camera is not working

how do i figure out what the problem is without reinstalling windows

what would you do?
i already tried uninstalling camera drivers and reinstalling
also tried multiple usb ports and different softare
dont know what to do besides that

how do i trace the issue and find which component is not working properly or maybe conflict software?

did windows update graphics drivers etc

opened pretty much every possible diagnostic program that came with windows
tried to look for anything abnormal. didn't see anything
what should I be looking for ?
still nothing

whats the proper way to uninstall and reinstall the usb drivers and which ones do I need to reinstall?
is it the chipset drivers

this is the motherboard I have(I know its kinda old) I'm updating the whole desktop this year for a more compact one...

GA-EP43-UD3L (rev. 1.1) | Motherboard | GIGABYTE

I open the quick view from Logitech and it says webcam not connected.
reconnect button doesn't do anything. but the audio is still there
it records audio but not video on both webcams

it works on other computer

just not on that desktop

I want to start fixing things without reinstalling the whole system. I'm tired of reinstalling everything and redoing all the settings and starting from beginning every time

Not sure if this will help, but did or have you recently updated your Windows 10 to the Anniversary Update?
Windows 10's Anniversary Update broke millions of webcams. Microsoft released a patch, but there's a registry hack you can use if the patch doesn't work for you.

Update: Microsoft released the promised patch in September. However, it appears the problem may not be fixed for every webcam. If your webcam still doesn't work after installing the latest updates from Windows Update, you may still need to use the below registry hack.
Here;
https://www.howtogeek.com/267946/how-to-stop-your-webcam-from-freezing-and-crashing-on-windows-10/

Back
Top Bottom