loging on problems -> explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Ok. I don't know how this happened but just randomly when i tried logging on to windows it not only took 20 seconds rather than 2, but it just loaded my background image and nothing else appeared. I tried to do Ctrl Alt Delete and to go new task and type in "explorer", but that didn't work. I could get my icons and taskbar to load by opening up a program (with ctr alt del then new task... browse) and then closing it. It does that every time, and annoys me. I tried scanning my whole computer for errors, viruses, ad awares and everything. I even cleared my hard drive of all the trash, the procceses look ok. I cleaned out Registry and that does't do anything either. Weird stuff happens to my computer like slowing down, since I got wireless cable. Any help would be very much appreciated. I am running windows xp pro service pack 1. thanks ;)

try using system restore or if that doesnt work then, stick in you os cd and install, just make sure you choose the upgrade and not the fresh install option. This should put in any files that are missing and hopefully should sort your problem.

Could be virus or spyware...

Try creating a new profile and logging in with the new profile, see if you have the same issues.

Nice computer by the way, what games have you tried playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom