Logging Off Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. My specs in my sig.

I noticed this last night. When I was just browsing the net, I needed something on my other computer, so I just went to my network. Nothing shows up. I could remotely connect to the computer, though. So it's not my network. I figured, why not restart? I go to restart, and it gets stuck on "logging off". I had to press the power button to turn it off myself. After that, it runs its course. Then I go into the network, and everything is back again. Though, when I turned the computer off for the night, I had that same "logging off" problem. So I do as I did above, and shut it down again, and it's fine.

Is this a problem with my user account or something? I am in the Administration group.

I would rename my profile folder in c:\users to force windows to create a fresh profile. You will lose custom settings by doing this. You could try using files and settings transfer wizard to backup and restore the custom settings.

I wish I could do so. My current profile is quite large (6.1GB), I only have a 30GB SSD, with ~5GB free.

Just a quick question, how long was your PC on for before you restarted? I notice that if i leave my machine on for upwards of 5 days that things start to bog down and a restart resolves most of my issues. I am not sure if there is something up with running Win7 64 Bit for an extended period of time or what. But it seems that if the machine is left for more than 5 days without a restart things start to go haywire. This is why i got into the habit of restarting when my uptime gadget shows 4 days running.

While not an ultimate solution, it only takes a few minutes to restart and saves me a whole lot of trouble.

Preacher - It won't let me do that. I do not have enough space to do it.

Mak - I normally do not leave it on for more than 2-3 days.

SOUL - Ditto. I have a Win7 x64 on my Atom server, been running 24/7 for awhile now.

if you rename the user profile folder and logoff/logon, the data in the old profile will still be available. Once the new profile is created, cut and paste the data from the old profile into the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom