Logging on

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinl1

Solid State Member
This is a weird problem so bare with me. I have several PCs that do this with in the company. I can't find anything different on these PCs than any other. They are running Windows XP Pro SP2 and they are all on the same domain as every other PC. Installed programs are Adobe Reader, Office XP, AS400 emulator, and Officescan client. Randomly when the user logs off, the login screen will change. Instead of asking for Ctrl + Alt and Delete to log on the computer, it will just display a login screen. The username is blank and instead of the domain name it will want to log onto the local computer. Not matter what you try you can not log back into the PC until you restart it. There are no errors created either. It's kind of a hard problem to explain so let me know if you have any questions that would better get my point across.

can you pick the domain form the list?

try dropping to a workgroup and re joining to the domain.

check event viewer for any errors.

office politics said:
can you pick the domain form the list?

try dropping to a workgroup and re joining to the domain.

check event viewer for any errors.

he's not got the log in setup like that -

the old version where you press ctrl - alt - delete

and then select your user name from the drop down menu

RE:logging in

If you try and select the domain again to log into, the PC will start to log in and kick you right back out. It does this for any user who tries to log in until you reboot the PC. I am looking under computer management for any events logged but there are none related to this issue. Not sure what the problem is. It seems like it might be a Windows service that isn't closing out correctly, but I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom