Lockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
My dad has been having this weird problem consistantly and I have not been able to fix it. When he gets home or comes back to his computer after a while and turns on his moniter his screen saver appears as normal. When he shakes the mouse to get back to the desktop, the screen saver freezes. I've tried lowering the refresh rate on his moniter (our old TV) and adjusting the resolution but the problem still occurs. Any ideas?

Have you tried changing screen-savers? Otherwise, this may just be the symptoms of Windows goin' to crap. All Windows installations eventually get corrupted. It just depends on how long it's been installed, and how much it's used.

Yep I tried switching screen savers first and for a while that worked but then it started doing the lockup again. It was reinstalled not that long ago after my dad got a virus and I couldn't get rid of it any other way. It's used every day for hours.

Have you installed any software recently that may be causing this problem. If you remember the day that this issue arose, then you could go into the "Add and Remove Programs" control panel, and remove any conspicuous looking software that was installed on that day. Other than a system restore, that's pretty much all you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom