Locking up again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencow_555

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I have posted several times in the past, but the problem still exists. I have no idea what is causing it. Here's what happens.

I format drives and install a fresh copy of windows XP (have tried pro and home edition). I install my via RAID drivers for my ASUS A8V Mobo and graphics card drivers for my Geforce MX440. The computer works for a week or two, then suddenly it locks up, I have to reboot. This time it works for a matter of minutes until it locks up again, eventually it locks up as soon as windows starts.

I boot into safe mode and upgrade to SP2, the computer works for a week or so again, then locks up in the same manner. I begin using VGA mode, this too works for a couple of days to a week before ti starts locking up. I have to reformat and reinstall windows and the cycle repeats.

I have tried different GFX Cards, Hard Disks, and PSU's but to no avail. I ran windows mem diagnostic and showed no error.

I have bought myself a new computer but want to give this one to my G/f to replace her shitty old laptop, but cannot if I ca't get it to work reliably.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks folks,
Gaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom