Locking folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
Ok, At my school, certain people think they are being "cool" by going to program files and then goin into software program folders, and deleting the contents. Does Windows have a feature that allows you to lock program files so that people can't open it up? I know there are software programs outthere that allow you to password lock folders. if they got one of those, would the user still be able to run the program?

these computers are running windows 2000 professional. also, is there a way to lock people out of control panel?

You have to make a Group policy to lock people out of control panel. I'm not sure about locking folders though.

You can. Basicaly best bet is to use through active directory (AD). Set the other people into a group and allow certain permissions. For xample to access but modify. Set yourself up as administrator with all privilages. That would make it so the could run apps but could not delete them. I think the default 'guest' is setup this way. Anyhow, Active Directory would do all that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom