Locking/copyrighting a document

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I have written a few presentations and documents relating to my work that I want to be able distribute to friends and shops I work for but ensure others cannot then redistribute. I do not want the hassle of legally copyrighting and publishing just an electronic deterrent, something like password needed to copy or print but freely able to view and use on the computer it is given to. This way my name will still be credited as the author and I can give to whom I choose and when I choose via USB. I can do this to a limited degree through windows xp properties but I was wondering if there is a program that allows a bit more functionality such as the no printing.

Have you guys thought of anything? I have been searching but drawing blanks mainly people wanting to put signature images and encrypting files so a password is needed every time.

Thats only in the writer not for the presentations. The written documents I can use a protected PDF I think it will be sufficient as If I can't find a more secure program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom