locked out of registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
where exactly do u find scripts like that, and how would i run them(i dont have this prob nor do i know anything about programming or scripts) would i just double click it? and wat are some other useful "scripts" a techy might find usefull?

I found the problem. The account I was using was a "limited account" and thatÂ’s why the script wasn't working. I went back to the administrator account so I could fix that one, and I ran the script and it worked. Then I could change it for the my account through the administrator account. But why was it saying the key didn't exist on the regular account?
where exactly do u find scripts like that, and how would i run them(i dont have this prob nor do i know anything about programming or scripts) would i just double click it? and wat are some other useful "scripts" a techy might find usefull?
Search for a script on google if you need one. You just download it, then double click it to run it

Learn a scripting language called Perl. It's super simple and extremly powerful. Learn about WMI as well. if you really want to have power, get a compiler and write your scripts into little programs. then you don't have to have the script engine turned on, or installed.
honestly though, scripting is going by the wayside. it's getting to the point where even allowing .vbs and .wsh files to run is a massive secuiry hole, so most places either turn it off or remove it completely, as we do.

it was blocking your access to the registry, so it couldn't see it. The Script calls out to regedit so it's not going to enable it to run if it's been disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom