Location of "pop-up" windows in 3 monitor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosthotoothist

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I have just recently added a third monitor to my computer/music setup and need help in solving a nagging problem. As I indicated, I have a computer through which I do various kinds of music. All of this is in a very small room (9' X 9') in which I have a virtual pipe organ setup takes up a large portion of the room. This organ setup is on one wall and has my original monitors at angles on either side of the organ keyboards. I moved my original Kurzweil keyboard to the wall opposite of the organ and have added a 27" monitor above it. I am now able to sit comfortably in front of the new monitor, with my legs under the synthesizer to do computer work other than playing music. I have monitor #1 on the left of the organ keyboards, monitor #2 on the right of the keyboards, and monitor #3 (new one) on the opposite wall. Monitor #1 is extended onto monitors #2 and #3. All of this work great, except that there many times when working in front of monitor #3 that a window will open waiting for a response to a command. The problem is that this window will open on monitor #1 which is behind my back. Needless to say, it is very inconvenient to have to turn around, take the mouse and move the cursor back to monitor #1 to click in the window so I can proceed with my work. What I need to know is how to keep these "response" windows on the monitor where I have opened the program instead of them opening on monitor #1. I certainly hope that someone has an answer to this problem because I would hate to think that I have gone to the trouble and expense of this new physical configuration of the computer monitors to have to live with this situation. By the way, the new monitor is a Planar PX 2710MW that is connected with a HDMI heavy duty 23' cable and the quality of the image is fantastic. I could not be happier with the new monitor especially since it was only $280.00 (from Newegg).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

I forgot to say in my post that I am running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.

Thanks,

Tom

The pop ups will only show up on your primary desktop, which is the monitor behind you. Your only option is to change the monitor in front of you to the primary desktop and have the start menu and all of that on that monitor. If you dont want to do that, then you will have to live with the configuration.

If you have a nvidia GFX card, Im sure there is an area of the control panel which allows you to just drag and drop the position of each indevidual screen, Keep this up on your main display and you can just drag and drop your primary display whenever you wish to change it. Still a nuisence, but less so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom