Locate a computer over the internet via mac address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardware Finder

Solid State Member
I really do not want to sound stupid here, but what I am asking is quite difficult. I have searched across alot of forums and posted at least a billion of theese questions in every tech forum I could find, but no-one could help me. I need to be able to locate the IP address of a computer that is somewhere out there over the internet, but all I have is the MAC address. See my co-workers laptop was stolen and the IP was not static, but I do have the MAC address, now I need to know if it is possible to get an IP or anything on this computer the nex time that it signs on via the MAC address that I have. Please reply if you know of any way to do this, thanks.

well, the only thing I know is a reverse address res protocol only problem is that if not on the same subnet/network then it'll just get lost. It will find it if its within the same network, though. However, you will have a very hard time finding it. Good luck! (look up RARP)

Well thanks for your input, and I will look that up, and if anybody else can think of any way....please post, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom