Local Securtiy Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteSniper22

Beta member
Hi, everyone

I'm a Windows XP Home Edition User.
I'm facing a problem that "local security policy"(under administrator tools) only available in Windows XP Professional. But for for XP Home Edition, it is unaccessable. So how can find and run this tool?

The only way I know is Uninstall the XP home and reinstall the XP Professional. Is there any easier way to solve this problem other than this windows re-installation.

I dont think there is a way to edit the local policy with windows xp home thus one of the reasons you dont want this in a work env...hmmm...I doubt this will work on home, but...actually no I know gpedit.msc wont work on home..pretty sure.. what happens when you launch that at a run line? Although that is a little diff from the local policy editor should achieve the same.

Well I could be smart and suggest an upgrade install from Home to pro :) seriously I don't know of a way to enable the full features of policy control in home, however I believe there are several third party apps that that can provide a stop gap solution by directly editing the registry.

Is there anything specific you're trying to achieve?

Yes, I had been post to other forum website. They introduced me a third party software that from microsoft corporation. Its' name is "Microsoft shared computer Toolkit".

But I had no idea about this software.... can teach me me how to access into local security policy by using this software?

umm well technically thats not third party but its the sort of thing i was talking about.
Until just now I had no idea this toolkit existed so i'm hardly an expert but to me it looks like it presents something of an alternative to standard policy management?
I.e. I dont think this will enable you to use group policies on a home machine but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom