local area connection unplugged?? but it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaths soul

Solid State Member
I plug in my ethernet cable and it still says that it is unplugged. I dont know why this happened everything was fine until i shut down my comp for a few hours. I have checked different cables so i know its not that. Checked for updated drivers not that either, if anyone knows please tell me. Thanks, Josh

do you have a router? if u do, make sure your routers security settings allow your comp to log in.

just because it says the cable is unplugged doesn't mean it is. it has no way to tell when you have the cable plugged in. this just means that you are getting no internet connection. also consider making sure your ISP is still giving you service, cuz it might be down or sometin in your area. (just throwing out ideas)

Ok yes i am usuing a linksys router, but i can connect wirelessly, just not threw local area connection, when i plug in the ethernet cord it doesnt do anything like it doesnt know its there, this morning it was working fine, but now i dunno anymore ideas would help.

Ok sometimes i will plug in the ethernet cable to my NIC and it starts to aquire the address like it normally did but like after 3 secs it just says network cable unplugged, but it isnt unplugged. I dont know what to do.

Ok i figured out the problem, the pins in my nic card must not be getting a good connection with the pins in my cables, because when i press down on the cable it works fine and gets connected right away, but when i let go it losses the connection again, when i look at the nic card pins they look fine and not bent or dirty, any suggestions?

Is there any way i can make so the cable and NIC get a better connection then having to press down on the cable? It seems the cable is to loose in the NIC but it was fine a day or so ago, i dont know how this could of happened.

10/100 NIC's are very cheap, I would just run down to your local staples, wal-mart, and get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom