Little regestry help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I love notepad. I use it a lot, and click through two windows to get ot it is not fun. I used to have a magazine with this in it, but I lost it, so..
How do you add an entry to the right click menu (when you right click a file) that will open the file in notepad?

You could put a shortcut to notepad in your sendto folder, so when you right click, and click send-to you'll have notepad as an optioin.

The Sendto folder is in c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\sendto

You could add it to the right click, as not in the send-to, I'd have to check on this.

It's all based in filetypes. it's really pretty easy to add it, you just have to do it to all the files that you want to use notepad for. If you really want to do it, just say so and I'll post the instructions.

I can find it, if you're directing that towards me. I just have to check my registry when I get home.

Thanks, but I can get to the send-to menu very quickly. Much faster than trying to go through XPs "what should I do" dialogs.

it's not like that. if you send a few minutes, you can have Notepad added to the context menu. Send to works best though, for most cases though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom