Little knowledge goes long way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admstng

Baseband Member
Today at work, for some odd reason my manager sends a "printer" guy out to switch workstations around, a company was moving from one location to another.. you would think that this would be a some what simple task.. wrong.. for the printer guy anyway.. this is somewhat of a large network, and downtime means loss of money, so when this guy could not figure out a simple problem, he takes matters into his own hands.. wich was a very bad idea.. for some odd reason, he deletes the DHCP scope and makes a new one of 192.168.0.1 thourgh 192.168.0.2... yes, thats right, a network that has 200+ computers, he sets a ranges for 2 computers. He was at this for hours upon hours (with out calling for help) keep in mind , network labor charges are @ $175/HR... he obviously did NOT know what he was doing. long story short, i come there, resolve a simple problem in 15 minutes.. and the only reason why it took that long was becasue he would not admit to what he actually did (just like a end user!) all in all, the CEO of that company was in aww of what i did, "you fixed the network!!" little did he know i just did somthing very simple... but it felt good to be "god" for couple minutes.. i hear in the background.. "yea, he fixed it... that guy right there"... lol, end users.. yua gotta love 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom