a little help with windows please

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddrm2k3

Solid State Member
alright. a friends computer is using "peoplepc" to connect to the internet. it will connect and everything but when the internet explorer is opened the page just stays white and nothing ever loads up. msn messanger wont connect either. but the two little computers in the taskbar are up. can anyone give me any idea at all at whats wrong

sounds like a proxy problem or possibly a firewall.

Whats the OS and does it have a firewall or a proxy installed? Has it always done this?

its windows xp. it doesnt have a proxy and unless the built in windows firewall was turned on it doesnt have that either. but if it was would that cause this?

internet explorer shouldnt stay just white forever....it should evenutally give you a message that it cant connect to the internet....left click on the 2 little computers in the taskbar and see if you have a connection by checking to see if you have any activity in the packets sent and recieved. if you dont then it is not connecting.

no im not recieving any packets at all. im sending a few but i doubt any is actuallly getting those. this just happened all of the sudden. he tried restoring his computer but he didnt have a restore date for before this problem began. he said that once it said he needed to configure some network. but he's runnning a single computer off a 56k modem.

toddrm2k3 said:
alright. a friends computer is using "peoplepc" to connect to the internet. it will connect and everything but when the internet explorer is opened the page just stays white and nothing ever loads up. msn messanger wont connect either. but the two little computers in the taskbar are up. can anyone give me any idea at all at whats wrong

Why not call "peoplepc" and ask them,get you moneys worth,or is this a crippleing free service.You get what you pay for.
Meanwhile try Windows Update on the start menu,or

C:\WINDOWS\WUPDMGR.EXE

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom