A little help please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottleRocket

Baseband Member
To make a long story short: I have a new hdd, and an iPod with all my songs, podcasts, etc from the old hard drive (which crashed, so I can't quite recover that data yet). If I wanted to put all those songs onto my new hdd, will my iPod software recognize it and transfer everything, or do I need one of those third-party programs to get songs from the iPod to the hdd? And if so, what are some of those third-party programs?

Good question..I thought everything on the IPOD you could not copy off to another computer without a little hacker program to remove the protection from each song.

ok i know there is a way on most i pods to go into "disk mode" where youÂ’ll prob have to copy the songs from your i pod to your HDD like a standard usb storage device. however ipods do not actually play mp3's itunes converts them to a different format before storing on the ipod so youll have to convert them all back to mp3 format. to enter disk mode youÂ’ll have to google it as on each different i pod there is a different hot key some are in the fashion of turn the ipod on and hold MENU and the SELECT button so google on how to enter disk mode for your model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom