listing the files in drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
Hi, I had a program that can list all the files in a any drive. After i formatted my HD ( trojan) i forgot the name of the program, do any of you know ?

Hi, I had a program that can list all the files in a any drive. After i formatted my HD ( trojan) i forgot the name of the program, do any of you know ?

Are you talking about hidden and non-hidden files? I mean there is always "dir" from the command line?

Give me some more details on what you mean by "listing files" since you can just do that in explorer or command prompt

sorry my bad.. let say i have a lots of mp3 files in D drive, if i want to make a list of the songs i have in exel or words, i have to type. But there is a program to help u do that- click a drive and it will shows all the files in a list ( pdf or doc)

sorry my bad.. let say i have a lots of mp3 files in D drive, if i want to make a list of the songs i have in exel or words, i have to type. But there is a program to help u do that- click a drive and it will shows all the files in a list ( pdf or doc)

I will do some research and get back to you on this. If you don't hear anything by Thursday post again to remind me.

From the last part or the instructions.
After the text file is generated, you can import it into Excel by using the File - Open command.

My step by step instructions to open the text file in excel.
After the text file is created open excel.
Go to file / open
Change file types to all files.
browse to the location you saved the text file and open it.
Once it is in excel you can save it in any format you wish .xls .csv .tab etc.
Depending upon how you orginize your music it may require a bit of editing for it shows all of the directory folders as well so it may not be ideal depending upon file structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom