List of Free & Open Source Software Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no one has already mentioned CoreTemp that would be one to add here. Core Temp

I mounted that on the taskbar in 7 as well as keeping a few others on.

FlashWheel

Best new piece of software i have found!!!!!!!

Even wonder why you can only scroll on the active window? Ever wonder how it can be done in Linux but not Windows?

Here is your answer. This will allow you to scroll any open window without taking the focus off the window you are in.
Done it in Ubuntu thousands of times, people asked me how to do it in Widnows and i didnt know it could be done till i found this.

This was a suggestion for someone on another forum. So all credit goes to them for finding it and suggesting it. I just wanted to share it with you folks.
I love you :D. I had a gigaware software that came with a gigaware mouse I got from work one time that did this, but was a bit bloated. Will have to use this instead (I had looked for this kind of software forever!)
This should be stickied?

It's in the stickied topic that says "READ FIRST" ;).

Ever need a good lightweight screen capture utility that will work on XP, Vista, and now 7. In 7 something a little more then the included snipping tool? FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ...

This thing remains hidden in the system notification tray and allows you to capture full screen, active windows, and even freehand trace around objects displayed on the desktop. It even includes a magnifier and color picker.

Gee? :confused: I had to use the snipping tool in 7 to capture an image of FastStone's settings however. :p

A few more programs that I use that I didn't see on the list were

Advanced Windows Care - This program scans for viruses, defrags your hard drive and has plenty more features. It is a free program but it does have a payed version as well. The biggest difference that I've seen is that the free version does not automatically defrag your hard drive in the background where the payed version does.

CCleaner - This is a registry cleaner

Easy Cleaner - Another registry cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom