Linux/Vista64 boot issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.Im.New

In Runtime
Hello,

So roughly every other time i restart my computer from using ubuntu i get an error when i try to boot from my Vista partition.

Error File:\Boot\BCD

After the 4th or 5th time it gets annoying...

Is there a quick fix for this?

edit:Vista is on its own 180gig hd and Linux on a seperate hd, both sata.

actually you might consider adding vista to the GRUB loader. if you have the latest version of Ubuntu its under the system menu. last time i checked vista has no knowledge of GRUB, however GRUB can see the vista loader.

i could be wrong though.

Vista doesnt see GRUB. But you can use EasyBCD to add a Linux Entry and still have Dual Boot.

Hey,

Im gonna try the EasyBCD steps and go from there. As always the help is most appreciated guys.

thnx,
hiimnew

Hello,

So Steps 1 and 2 haven't worked and going on to step 3. Before I go through with this is there any other possible fixes. The problem I'm having arose a few weeks after having no issues with my setup.

Ok so I'm going to be going with step 3... I'm going to have to manually delete my boot folder... After i delete it will i still be able to boot to vista, I was under the impression that this is what tells my HD where vista is. Should I do this through a vista boot disk utility or something else?

just got back from Florida, saw no response... so i guess what im wondering is what should i use to go about this.

thnx

If you are refering to "Type 3: Re-Creating all Vista Bootloader Files and Settings from Scatch"

They don't mean to manualy delete this. A. not sure the system would let you B. you would not be able to boot into anything.. They are saying if your boot folder is completely fried or has been deleted.. (wich makes no sense because you wouldn't be able to boot into a working version of windows LOL)

Please read the instuctions carfuly

If step 3 wont work then a boot drive format and fresh install may be required. linux and windows don't make good bed fellows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom