Linux ISO and Nero

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
I have been trying to put Linux on a disk for a while now...and I am using a CD-R. When I try to put Linux on a disk through nero, it says that everything has completed succesfully, but when I put the disk in...nothing happens. I think it is because the image file is 702MB and the cd holds 700MB but im not sure, please i really want linux on my system but i need help getting it on my cd first. Thanks for any replies in advance.

GameGURU, i have done this successfuly w/ Nero before, you shouldn't have any problems.

You can't just copy the ISO file and burn it directly onto the disk. You have extract that image first before it becomes usable.

I'm not at home right now, but under the Nero burning wizard, you should see an option to make CD using a ISO image.
It's been several months since i last did it, I can't remember the words verbatim, but look for such an option listed in one of the menus in Nero.

OK this is what I do, tell me if I am wrong. I start Nero up and use the wizard tp burn an ISO, set the settings to what linux wants me to and then burn. That is all I do, is that correct or wrong?

Game, i'm gonna to check when I get home and verify that. I'm at work right now and Nero is not installed on this pc. It does sound like you're doing the right thing.

The other thing that popped in my mind is that you have a bad burn or a corrupt ISO. There's a utillity that will check the integrity of the ISO file, called MDK checksum? or soemthing similar.... should have been a link to it on the same website you D/Led the ISO files from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom