Linux CD names - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2002, 02:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default I've got the blues

I've got the Linux-don't-like my flat panel display blues....

I am having a heck of a time with this. I have a Compaq D510 2.0 Ghz that I put Linux Mandrake 9.0 on and it is just not being nice at all.

I keep getting a message smack dab in the middle of my flat panel saying "Input Signal is out of Range."

I wrestled with this one for awhile. It has the right display listed under config, I even tried a custom display using the correct refresh rates. I get this message no matter what. It is right in the middle of the screen and it blocks everything. It will not go away.

It is from my flat panel display for sure, but when I flip over to my XP machine the screen displays just fine. I am using a KVM switch to toggle between the two.

I even switched flat panels because my Dell flat panel would not work at all with Linux.

I don't want to go back to that crummy 21" Viewsonic (Huge monster of a monitor) just to make Linux work, any ideas?

Brahm -- nothing fancy
Old 12-14-2002, 02:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default man I'm such a rookie

Forgot to mention that this is a Compaq TFT 5015 flat panel display.

Get this, my 15 year old daughter installed Linux Mandrake 9.0 using the same method on her PIII 733 Compaq with the same exact display and she is up and running -- no problems...

I asked for her help, but she said... "Dad, it's 2 AM -- go to bed" as she walked to her room.

Brahm -- nothing fancy
Closed Thread