Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdm BB6

Baseband Member
Alright im new to Computer IT forums, im all about the car forums (a bit about me)

I have a dell desktop, a year old, but good for what i need... i want to learn linux, i know its free so i'd dl this software and start my computer over, 1/2 linux based OS and a duel boost to XP pro. I'm new to linux so i guess what im asking is, what's user friendly and simple for me to try out as it goes for linux OS, but also strong in the long run?

Thanks for your time, take it easyon me if i didnt use the proper Computer Terms and such ha

D-

nope not that i can think of you can search linux in amazon and find some good starter books. What do you plan to do in linux? run servers?

pretty much i just wanna learn new things, cars run my lide, boosting them, tuning them, racing them.. im 19 and im in the computer science feild wise for major.... not many know linux out in this world and i kinda wanna get a head start, windows is too user friendly base and i wanna be able to say, i can use and operate linux base OS... i program in c and c++, i am starting to realize programming in not my gig

pretty much, im trying to find my calling ha

oh and im looking into a job, that deals with unix based servers, novell servers and also windows.

lol well thats good just startout with Fedora buy or checkout a few books and just mess around with the os and get comfortable with it see if its something you would like to do. good luck :)

jcortes said:
lol well thats good just startout with Fedora buy or checkout a few books and just mess around with the os and get comfortable with it see if its something you would like to do. good luck :)

thanks man, if i have any questions is it cool to ask you?

no problem ill be here almost every day lol this is what i do in my spare time. i also have a little experience in linux but im sure u will surpass very quick. have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom