limewire vs limewire pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB said:
What exactly is that? I heard about it, but that's it

It takes a little tweaking, but once you got it set up.. it's awesome.
Get Mirc www.mirc.com and then go to www.packetnews.com or www.ircspy.com and search. I'm sure you can figure it out.

All you do is set Mirc to auto-accept send requests and you can just leave it there until the download is ready. Sometimes, there won't be a queue.. and your downloads are usually a lot faster than the other P2P programs. Best part, no upload.. I've set downloads up and just go play online since it doesn't affect my speeds.

Seiken said:
It takes a little tweaking, but once you got it set up.. it's awesome.
Get Mirc www.mirc.com and then go to www.packetnews.com or www.ircspy.com and search. I'm sure you can figure it out.

All you do is set Mirc to auto-accept send requests and you can just leave it there until the download is ready. Sometimes, there won't be a queue.. and your downloads are usually a lot faster than the other P2P programs. Best part, no upload.. I've set downloads up and just go play online since it doesn't affect my speeds.

how is it for viruses?

Let's put it this way.. I've been using it for a couple of years (on and off).. no viruses yet. I started using Limewire this weekend and I already ran into one virus according to my antivirus scanner.

Someone could also say the same thing in the reverse order.. but that's my experience and as always, it's really at your discretion when it comes to downloading "fixed" software from anyone out there.

Ok I'll try it out.

with limewire you have to use common sense not to catch a virus.

1. don't download those 851 kb files
2. don't download a song and then pick a file that 100kb when you know to look for a file that is at least 4-5mb. same with software
3.don't download new music or software (the latest stuff is usually the virus).
4. never download an .exe file. at least a virus won't work if it still compressed in a zip or rar file. then you can scan the file b4 you unzip

I love how you said that Eric songs are not ok but can be slightly justifiable (just a bit) but then you go and say software and you top it off with newest software. You only proved that the main reasons for using P2p is pirating...

Tyler1989 said:
You only proved that the main reasons for using P2p is pirating...

In most cases, yes. Who are we trying to kid here?
Downloading music, software, etc. that you don't pay for.. explain to me how P2P isn't pirating.

And what bugs me the most is the people who do use P2P and pirate will deny they pirate but yet find a way to defend downloading what ever you want on P2P Networks.

Tyler1989 said:
And what bugs me the most is the people who do use P2P and pirate will deny they pirate but yet find a way to defend downloading what ever you want on P2P Networks.

what do you dowmload when you use shazeea?

that old mary poppins movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom