Lightning fast... When it works! (Vista 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.

melioz

Baseband Member
So i built this system the other day with the following specs

Q9450 @2.6 Stock
4gb ddr3 1333 7-7-7-20 1.85v
Evga 790i Ultra
2x Seagate 500gb in Raid0
Evga 9800gx2
Vista64bit Ultimate

First thing first getting the Raid0 setup before Vista install was a nightmare, I ended up putting the drivers on a flash drive. After hours of Installing the OS and Up to date drivers i thought i would be good to go. But that was not the case at all.

After 2 successful boots it started to Hang on startup until it randomly decided to boot to windows 2 restarts later. Windows would be stable for a few hours then BSOD out of no were would hit me in the face. Random Bsod's left and right, and on top of that the thing wouldn't install Windows updates because when it went to shut down and update it would freeze and or BSOD. I have reinstalled about a half a dozen times and the ram seems to be fine from what memtest is telling me. Gah!

First off there is something wrong with your config if it takes you more than 20 Minutes to install Vista.

Well, Vista did install pretty fast. By Hours i guess i meant the total time Figuring out Raid0 drivers and the most stable 64 bit drivers for my parts.

Okay. I was gonna say. Vista should take no more than 20 minutes. Maybe 30 miuntes.

So now my question comes in...

What Raid? It doesn really serve a purpose.

What applications do you have installed and what do teh dumps say is causing this issues?

I have written most of them down, So i could google em, But not allot of luck.
Here is an example:

0x0000007e (0xfffffffc0000005 0xfffff80001c5e251, 0xfffff 980012da428, 0xfffff980012d9e00

That was the most common one.

I Lost the other one i wrote down, but i remember it contained intelppm.sys fffff980042422ac.

I gave up on trying to install vista to a raid drive. It just doesnt like to cooperate with it. You're better off just giving vista a 100g partition and using the rest as data.

I just picked up a Adaptec RAID card since I'm going to be moving around a lot of big files soon on a normal basis, I'm also using Vista-64bit. I'm really hopeing I don't run into any problems getting Vista to work on a RAID-0 :/

i tried running raid scsi drives... god what a nightmare that was in vista. haha. it was also server 08 which was awful. moral of the story, just use the 2 drives.. lol.

Haha, yea I'm about to take this raid card back.

I can install Vista on it just fine, but when I got into boot windows can't verify a digital signature for-

\windows\system32\drivers\adp3121.sys

Which is, I'm 99% postitive, and Adaptec file it doesn't like. AKA, Vista probably doesn't support this raid card. Sweet dude. Now I get to drive 30min out to where I got it, awesome life.

When it came to your nightmares with raid0 did this ever come up? Vista Freeze on startup randomly then start fine after Manual restart? Also Freezing when trying to shut down and Hdd lights would show no activity when something like that would happen. I think my problem must be the raid stripe because i have Tested my Ram For hours with memtest, also tested my Gpu under stress testing. Mobo looks good from what i understand and that leaves my Raid0 setup as a culprit to my unstable Vista experience, Right? lol

P.s As noted up top i have a mobo that has built in raid Nvidia stripe to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom