is this legitimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcbuilder

Baseband Member
Is this copy of windows 7 legitimate?
http://snaggstuff.com/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-full-oem-branded-gfc-00599-brd.html
Thanks

I'm going to venture a guess that it's not since it's branded, and therefore by installing it on a non branded computer you're in violation of the ToA. That's my guess, i'm sure KSoD will come by and give a more detailed and thorough explanation either way.

It may be legit, but my first impression is to stay away from it.

I thought the same thing as you although the store has good reviews an is actually a "branded oem copy".
I think I'm going to get it unless you guys really think I shouldn't .

The fact that it is branded is why it's sketchy. It's meant to be sold with a dell hp or gateway type computer not oem. Those companies have deals with microsoft in place which is why you don't buy copies of windows directly from them. I'm not 100% about it but I'm willing to bet there's something in the contract between Microsoft and pc builders that states that their copies aren't for resell or use in other computers

The fact is you CAN'T SELL BRANDED DISKS. It is against the EULA not only with the company but with Microsoft. Sorry it isnt legit. Buy from Microsoft Store. Spend the money to get a legit product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom