Legality Views

We definitely do need copyright/patent reform though.. Our current system blows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If it is reformed will will only be in favor of those large corporations. Ever notice most all the Disney stories are old fairy tails, that they then copyrighted because they wrote out a movie play? I remember one case where someone showed proof the Lion King story was a traditional story told in their community 200 years ago, well before Disney existed, yet Disney forced that community to pay royalties for having a pamphlet with the story printed in it.

Welcome to the United Corporate States(Entities) of America.

Because it's illegal ;).

That I agree on but really though if you got the money in your bank and they take paypal....

If the price seems reasonable get the thing you want, otherwise don't bother.

Also about your other comment, I think a copyright reform would be needed pretty soon.

The problem for us consumers is somethings cost too damn much cakewalk and adobe is an example of that.
If you set your item up for high a price but you offer a demo or trial.
9 times out of 10 some jock is gonna crack it, unlock it or pirate it for free for those that can't pay.

Make the pricing affordable pirating and copyright issues die down over time.
For business and artist wise thats a whole different story for what they say.
Half of the time they're not really blaming the consumers but the goverments they're under.

Agreed!

Have you seen the cost of adobe products recently?

Let me ask you something re-look at that website you linked me.
Look closely at the prices, do you mean whole sale price or per month for small businesses.

Keep in mind not all prices are the same they fluctuate depending on the item.
Also note that not all of adobes products is in that catalog.
The most people will want is flash or flash professional.
Hell even I like flash professional but the price tag has been too much to pay for.
I was almost tempted to go out and torrent the recent version to see how it is from cs2.
However I thought to myself I get bored after looking at it and knowing I wouldn't use it daily. :/

Let me ask you something re-look at that website you linked me.
Look closely at the prices, do you mean whole sale price or per month for small businesses.

Keep in mind not all prices are the same they fluctuate depending on the item.
Also note that not all of adobes products is in that catalog.
The most people will want is flash or flash professional.
Hell even I like flash professional but the price tag has been too much to pay for.
I was almost tempted to go out and torrent the recent version to see how it is from cs2.
However I thought to myself I get bored after looking at it and knowing I wouldn't use it daily. :/

I'd say PhotoShop is probably more in demand than Flash Pro.

Adobe has moved to their Creative Cloud subscription model, which for casual users, or people that need/want the latest software package, is better. Instead of paying $1k for PhotoShop, you can get the bundle for a monthly fee which includes PS and a few other apps for much cheaper, and will always have the latest and greatest version.

The prices don't fluctuate since they're a subscription model - they're going to remain relatively static.

I'd say PhotoShop is probably more in demand than Flash Pro.

The prices don't fluctuate since they're a subscription model - they're going to remain relatively static.

Batman you missed half the point when I said fluctuate look at the prices of the items.

Some are cheap some aren't if somebody had a small business like myself..
I wouldn't want to have to chuck out money to rent a product ?
Excuse my language but you have to be out of your mother****ing mind if you rent products only to not be able to keep it.

199.99 per month for one item ?
Oh please if adobe just set a reasonable price to purchase that license to keep the product I would by it.

If the price tag item is 200 bucks either A. pay it all at once or B. send them set amount payments to keep it.
Once they have the payment in full u get a receipt and product key with one free version upgrade in the future.

End of issues for pirating, now if you decide not to pay and the cops fbi or goverments get ahold of your computers.
Thats on you and you can't say they didn't warn you, you read the license and terms agreement at the installation of the program.

Batman you missed half the point when I said fluctuate look at the prices of the items.
Didn't know you meant prices between the items...of course prices between different software packages are going to be different.

Some are cheap some aren't if somebody had a small business like myself..
I wouldn't want to have to chuck out money to rent a product ?
Excuse my language but you have to be out of your mother****ing mind if you rent products only to not be able to keep it.

199.99 per month for one item ?
Oh please if adobe just set a reasonable price to purchase that license to keep the product I would by it.
What package are you seeing that's $200 / month? Just want a specific example.

If the price tag item is 200 bucks either A. pay it all at once or B. send them set amount payments to keep it.
Once they have the payment in full u get a receipt and product key with one free version upgrade in the future.

For instance... PhotoShop CC itself is $20 / month.
PhotoShop CS6 is $700, and no longer being updated. So every 2 - 3 years, even assuming an upgrade version is half that, $350.

So PS CC is worth 35 months of PS CS6, which is almost 3 years (in line with the upgrade cycle normally). Except PS CC is updated continually, so if a new feature is released, you'll get it right away instead of having to spend the $350+ to upgrade to the new version.

Then take into account the Creative Cloud Complete package, which is only $50 / month and includes several apps.

End of issues for pirating, now if you decide not to pay and the cops fbi or goverments get ahold of your computers.
Thats on you and you can't say they didn't warn you, you read the license and terms agreement at the installation of the program.

I never mentioned anything about pirating anything? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom