Left Domain Now Im LOCKED OUT! Help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Gizzard1200 Send a message via Yahoo to Gizzard1200
Default Left Domain Now Im LOCKED OUT! Help!

Ok well I was working on a family laptop which was purchased from a college and therefore connected to a domain to login. I purchased a wireless printer and to install the wireless printer all of the computers had to be in the same work group because it is a network printer. I entered the computer into a workgroup and doing this required me leaving the domain. I left the domain and now at the windows login it says incorrect user name or password when I try to login. The laptop is an ibm thinkpad an older one of sometype with windows xp pro installed on it. I am locked out of the computer now and I need a way to get in. Is there anyway to make the computer reconnect to the domain and disconnect from the workgroup without logging in or is there a way I can figure the password and username out from through dos commands? Needless to say I am lost and desperately need to get in. I cant reinstall the OS because I do not have the drivers or any of the required discs for xp with it. Again any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. Also I would like to know how to password protect a network printer.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Field Engineer
Send a message via AIM to SHAWN
Default Re: Left Domain Now Im LOCKED OUT! Help!

Its looking for the local username/password. Default would be Administrator with no password. If not, look up in this forum and you will see a sticky for password recovery. Ill make it easy for you this one time:

Windows Password Reset Disks/Tools etc.

Let us know how it goes.
A+, Network + , HP Certified Tech and MCP

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Closed Thread