Left Domain Now Im LOCKED OUT! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizzard1200

Baseband Member
Ok well I was working on a family laptop which was purchased from a college and therefore connected to a domain to login. I purchased a wireless printer and to install the wireless printer all of the computers had to be in the same work group because it is a network printer. I entered the computer into a workgroup and doing this required me leaving the domain. I left the domain and now at the windows login it says incorrect user name or password when I try to login. The laptop is an ibm thinkpad an older one of sometype with windows xp pro installed on it. I am locked out of the computer now and I need a way to get in. Is there anyway to make the computer reconnect to the domain and disconnect from the workgroup without logging in or is there a way I can figure the password and username out from through dos commands? Needless to say I am lost and desperately need to get in. I cant reinstall the OS because I do not have the drivers or any of the required discs for xp with it. Again any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. Also I would like to know how to password protect a network printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom