Leaked RIAA Training Video - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Leaked RIAA Training Video

You guys have to see this leaked RIAA video, you are not going to believe it. The people in the video make the absurd contention that music pirates are drug dealers and terrorist. The lady in the video actually says that law enforcement officials should go undercover and buy pirated CDs just to use that “crime” as probable cause to search for other things like drugs.

This is a leaked official RIAA training video produced with the National District Attorneys Association telling U.S. prosecutors why they should bust music pirates: Because it'll lead them to "everything from handguns to large quantities of cocaine [and] marijuana," not to mention terrorists and murderers!

Leaked RIAA Training Video: Find Pirates, Find Crack-Dealing Terrorist Murderers Too!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via MSN to DawnOfDoom Send a message via Yahoo to DawnOfDoom
Default Re: Leaked RIAA Training Video

are you kidding me.....Jesus people are going insane and blowing things WAY out of proportion.

Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
That was an epic forum speech, Doom is tech-forums very own Martin Luther King.
Don't Tell any one but I know who Crunch is...

I Do accept support requests via PM, MSN, and e-mail

If I have been helpful to you in any way please click the scale under my name
Old 02-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker

Uh...WTF. Wow, lol...

They take this sh** wayyy too far...
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 02-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

No doubt the CRIA uses the same video! It's obvious now why Demonoid had no choice.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Well I guess I better get busy and rob a bank for the money to buy my HARD DRUGS so I can raise enough money to get some GUN'S so i can shoot those IDIOTS on that STUPID film clip. But seriously I do feel compelled to commit a larger crime DONT YOU. LOL
Old 02-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Isnt it obvious what this is? its brainwashing, happens all the time in videos like this, i bet if you watched the whole 60 minutes from start to end you would be brainwashed like those poor RIAA chaps or whoever this video is meant for
Old 02-21-2008, 04:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lord Techie

without some other shall we say more aggressive methods, only the weak minded can be brain washed.....especially by a video.
Visit my website - nitestick.net
"Guitar is cool. If you don’t think the guitar is cool, then you’re stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

i haven't checked the post yet...but the world is a bigger place and I wonder if you guys actually know what you are "thinking"

ie., I am assuming they are talking about a certain type, not all ppl who dl "pirated" content.

if they are talking about the people who sell said media, then yes, they are correct.

so if I assume correctly (which I will later see with work broadband)...it's sad really that you guys don't know more of the world...or maybe not sad and fortunate

but, that's from gizmodo...I don't put much into things from that site...interesting to see what I will find
Old 02-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Pirated music is a gateway drug...oh wait, i thought that was pot.
Nothing to see here.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Monster Techie

aight, so I watched a bit of the video and i made correct assumptions

it's like this, the world is a big place...a lot of people pirate. You and your mom, uncle, friends, little sister...who copy music may be pirates but you are different from the big time pirate, and this is what they are referring to.

I'm surprised some of you are that "naive"...that's not an insult but an observation

you can support your pirating ways, but don't run with your eyes closed all the time

Closed Thread